West Hercegovina and Neretva Premium Wine & More
…Wine & More / Klek-Neretva river region, Bosnia and Hercegovina/ visit the unique vineries of the Klek and Neretva river region in Croatia and west Hercegovina region, Bosnia and Hercegovina
Wine & More / Klek-Neretva river region, Bosnia and Hercegovina/ visit the unique vineries of the Klek and Neretva river region in Croatia and west Hercegovina region, Bosnia and Hercegovina
4 wineries / day tour – lunch in Zadro vinery in Hercegovina
8.30 – 15.00
- Private excursion from Dubrovnik to the Klek exclusive vineyards, Staševica fields, Čitluk in Međugorje area & Zadro vinery with lunch (Bosnia & Hercegovina) with a guided commentary about the region
- Visit the most exclusive vinery in Klek area with beautiful views from its vineyards then one winery in the Staševica filed (over 1 million vines) then follow to Bosnia & Hercegovina in Čitluk/Međugorje/Mostar area following by visit to Zadro vinery with lunch over the other side of famous Neretva river (Bosnia & Hercegovina) with guided tastings of 3 to 5 wines at each winery
- Taste Pošip, Mali Plavac, Zlatarica, Plavka, Trnjak, Žilavka & Blatina wines
Wine & more is your unique wine tour of Klek & Neretva area, Bosnia – a unique wine experience, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of south Bosnia & Hercegovina & Mostar wine regions,
NOTE: hours are approximate (because all tour are private and are designed for customer needs and therefore exclusive with maximum flexibility of customer needs and request)
First, we will drive to Bistrina river, quick oyster tasting stop (if guests like oysters ) **
At the first winery – Rizman, we will learn about the history of winemaking in the Klek region. We will taste their 3 exclusive wines, Pošip, Mali Plavac with a little snack
11.30 am On our trip towards Bosnia & Hercegovina we will stop in Staševica field, the largest producing field of wine in south Croatia with the typical grape varieties of the region: Zilavka, Vranac, Cabernet Sauvignon, Plavka, Trnjak, Merlot. We will enjoy only chosen autochthone wines of Zlatarica, Plavka and Trnjka with our host, a young winemaker Dario Gašpar in his own vineyard.
12.45 We will drive up north and arrive at Nuić Winery in Čitluk (south Bosnia & Hercegovina), which is the most modern and biggest vinery in Bosnia &Hercegovina where you will have degustation of typical local autochthone wines , famous Žilavka, Blatina and more followed with some cheese and olives, olive oil and local pastry.
14.30-15.00 Zadro winery over the other side of Neretva river in the mountains, a very nice winery with its own restaurant. There we will taste a wide selection of wines in their cellar – Žilavka, Blatina and Vranac. Following that, we will have a 3-course lunch in their restaurant.
Around 16.00-16.30 we will drive back to Dubrovnik through Popovo field and exit down to Slano, north Dubrovnik coast area, driving back to Dubrovnik.
▪ transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car/van
▪ English speaking expert guide
▪ three winery visits
▪ generous wine tastings (9-12 different wines during the tour)
▪ 3-course food lunch
– When: Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:00 am.
– Meeting Point: At your hotel reception / if not otherwise agreed/.
– Half day: 7.5 to 8 hrs approx.
– Size: Min attendance for the tour to run: 2 people – max 8 pp
– Allergy friendly: vegetarians and gluten free can be catered to.
– Difficulty: a few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (some winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
– Wines tasted: Typical Trebinje grape varieties (Zilavka, Chardonnay, Malvasia Dubrovacka, Vranac, Syrah, etc.)
Have questions? Please email us.
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers. The producers also ship to the EU & USA. Dubrovnik Experience tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.