East Hercegovina Premium Wine & More
…Wine & More / Bosnia and Hercegovina/ visit the unique vineries of the Trebinje region, Bosnia and Hercegovina
Wine & More / Bosnia and Hercegovina/ visit the unique vineries of the Trebinje region, Bosnia and Hercegovina
2 wineries / ½ day tour – possible lunch or dinner option
9.00 – 15.00 or 16.30 to 22.30
- Private excursion from Dubrovnik to the Trebinje with a guided commentary about the region
- Visit 2 wineries in the Trebinje region with guided tastings of 3 to 5 wines at each winery
- Taste Zilavka, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot wines
- Delicious food and wine pairing meal at the Vukoje winery
Wine & more is your unique wine tour of Trebinje, Bosnia – a unique wine experience, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of Bosnia wine regions, Trebinje.
NOTE: hours are approximate (because all tour are private and are designed for customer needs and therefore exclusive with maximum flexibility of customer needs and request)
The first we will drive to Tvrdos Monastery, where wines have been made by monks since 15th Century, guided tour of the monastery and wine tasting in their cellar.
**Please note that there is a dressing code to enter Monastery, no bare shoulders or mini skirts! Any cover will do, also Monastery lends some covers.
At the second winery – Vukoje wines, we will learn about the history of winemaking in the Trebinje region.
First, we shall visit the first vineyards of Zilavaka grapes, the „Emperor vineyard“ planted during the reign of Emperor Fraz Joseph of Austria and enjoy some tastings amidst the vineyards.
12.00 am (19.30) On our return to Trbinje you’ll see the Vukoje cellars and learn about the process of wine production of Zilavaka, Vranac, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot wines and enjoying some lovely wine and food pairing menu in the vineyard own restaurant.
The wines tasted at the wineries are all representative of the area of Trebinje, so red wines are made from Vranac, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah and other red grape varieties. You’ll also have the opportunity of tasting a Zilavka, Chardonnay, Malvasia Dubrovacka and other varieties.
▪ transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car/van
▪ English speaking expert guide
▪ two winery visits
▪ generous wine tastings (7-10 different wines during the tour)
▪ 5-course food and wine menu/tapas style lunch/dinner
– When: Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:00am.
– Meeting Point: At your hotel reception / if not otherwise agreed/.
– Half day: 5.5 to 6 hrs approx.
– Size: Min attendance for tour to run: 2 people – max 8 pp
– Allergy friendly: vegetarians and gluten free can be catered to.
– Difficulty: a few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (some winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
– Wines tasted: Typical Trebinje grape varieties (Zilavka, Chardonnay, Malvasia Dubrovacka, Vranac, Syrah, etc.)
Have questions? Please email us.
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers. The producers also ship to the EU & USA. Dubrovnik Experience tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.