Konavle Premium Wine & More
…Wine & More / Konavle/ visit the unique vineries of the Konavle region
Wine & More / Konavle/ visit the unique vineries of the Konavle region
9.00 – 17.00
● Private excursion from Dubrovnik to the Konavle with a driver/ guide commentary about the region
● Visit to 3 wineries in the Konavle region with guided tastings of 3 to 4 wines at each winery
Taste Posip, Malvasia Dubrovacka and plavac Mali wines
● Delicious „light“ local meal at the small local „konoba“
Wine & more is yours unique wine tour of Konavle: a unique wine experience, including a lot of education, delicious wines & fun in one of Croatia most beautiful regions, Konavle.
NOTE: hours are approximate (because all tour are private and are designed for custumer needs and therefore exclusive with maximum flexibility of customer needs and requests)
The first winery is Dubrovacki podrumi ( the biggest vineyards in the region ) , where we will start with our first tasting of 5 different wines and enjoy a light sanck of local ham / dalmatian prosciutto/ and cheese.
At the second winery – Milicic wines, you’ll see the cellars and learn about the process of wine production of Posip, Malvasia Dubrovacka and Plavac Mali wines and enyoing some lovely home made prosciutto and extravergin olive oil.
At the third winery, Vodopic wines, it’ll be time to learn about wine & vineyards. So after briefly enjoying the tour of the the vineyards we will make ourselves comfortable in the tasting area amidst the vinyards to taste the 5 wines, and cheese.
On our return we shall visit a local „mlinica“ ( restored water mill) and enjoy a typical Konavle region meal, by the river, consisting of starters (local produce /cheese, prosciutto, salami & bread with olive oil), some lovely home-made „peka“ ( traditional slow cooking process under the iron bell ) or grilled meat (depending on the number of people) and finally finish off with a desert – all accompanied by homemade wine.
The wines tasted at the wineries are all representative of the area of Konavle, so red wines are made from Plavac Mali, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and other red grape varieties. You’ll also have the opportunity of tasting a Malvasia Dubrovacka and Posip wines.
▪ transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned car / van
▪ English speaking expert driver/guide
▪ three winery visits
▪ generous wine tastings (9-12 different wines during the tour)
▪ olive oil tastings
▪ freshly made Iocal homemade meal at the konoba
– When: Tours run from March through November, 7 days a week at 9:30am.
– Meeting Point: At your hotel reception / if not otherwise agreed/.
– Half day: 5.5 to 6 hrs approx.
– Size: Min attendance for tour to run: 2 people – max 8 pp
– Allergy friendly: vegetarians and gluten free can be catered to.
– Difficulty: a few hundred yards of walking, some stairs to see cellars (some winery bathrooms wheelchair friendly)
– Wines tasted: Typical Konavle grape varieties (Malvasija Dubrovacka, Posip, Plavac Mali, etc.)
Have questions? Please email us.
Please note that it is possible to purchase the products you taste directly at the producers. The producers also ship to the EU & USA. Dubrovnik Experience tour operator does not take responsibility for purchases made at the producers so all enquiries about shipments and so forth should be made to the producers themselves.